Friday, May 16, 2003

Philosophical Question here.........

How much is enough.....? Why do rich, powerful, presumably smart people destroy themselves for just... a little bit more? They bring down themselves, their families, their companies, their employees & stockholders for.... a little bit more.

Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste they hurry past it.


Recently a friend was reading aloud the list of monthly budget necessities for the ex-wife of Jack Welch, retired CEO of GE. (Granted, he hasn't brought down a company.... at least that we know of so far).

I don't remember the exact amounts - but it was something like - $10,000 a month for lunches (I could do that); $20,000 a month for jewelry (I could do that), $15,000 a month for clothes (I could do that). The list went on & on. Sure I could do all that. It would take some effort - but I could do it. Thing is - what would I do the next month? Seems like I'd have to start buying things I didn't like - just to keep up the pace.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home